January 25, 2011

Baltic Blossoms


Pattern: Baltic Blossoms Lace Shawl
Designer: Evelyn Clark
Yarn: Zephyr Laceweight
Color: Garnet
Needles: Circular, 3.5 mm

I have had this shawl on the go for months now. I had it three quarters finished when I decided to "improve" the look of one of the nupps and in the process, dropped stitches, and became hopelessly lost in terms of the pattern. I ended up frogging back the entire lily of the valley border. I set it aside to go to France and got it out a couple of weeks ago to work on again.
Because there are so many nupps in this pattern, I found it took 30-45 minutes to do every nupp row. And as much as I enjoyed it and like the shawl, I don't think I will be knitting this particular pattern again in the foreseeable future.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

What a beautiful shawl and in my favorite color! Love!! All your knits are gorgeous. They inspire (and also make me a little tiny bit envious:-))