October 05, 2010

The Green Day Sweater In Red

A Sweater For Sarah Catherine

Pattern: Green Day Cardigan
Designer: Elinor Brown
Yarn: Lamb's Pride Naturespun Superwash Sport
Needles: 3.25 mm and 3.50 mm

There is a delightful family on our street with three dear little boys. When I found out that baby number four was on its way, I asked the rather solemn eldest boy whether he wanted it to be a boy or a girl. "Oh, a boy", he answered, with no hesitation. "But poor Mummy", I said. "Then she would still be the only girl in the house." He gave me a look that expressed a bit of wonder at the condition of my short and long term memory and said pointedly "There IS the dog!"
Well, unfortunately, their lovely female golden retriever passed away several weeks after that conversation but Baby Sarah Catherine arrived a few days ago. And I think she will look swell in this sweater and a little pair of red rubber boots!

No comments: