September 15, 2010

Aeolian Blue


I had a fabulous skein of Handmaiden Silk Lace in pale blue and though I tried to knit a new pattern with it, the yarn kept whining to be made into a second Aeolian so I was forced to oblige.



Pattern: Aeolian Shawl
Designer: Elizabeth Freeman
Yarn: Handmaiden Silk Lace
Needles: Circular, 3.75 mm

It is a beautiful September morning here. The air is warm and still. While I move my Aeolian around the garden, there is a worker inside the house, installing a new section of hardwood floor where the brick hearth was this time last week.

The garage has been filled to overflowing with construction company supplies, the wood stove, chimney and chimney liner sections, etc. I had a hard job yesterday extricating the lawn mower from it all in order to do my gardening. Last evening, Paul and Daphne came with a truck and, as Hercule Poirot would say, they used their little grey cells before employing their brawn, and thought out a plan, with a dolly, planks, and just the right driveway incline, for loading the stove (432 pounds!) onto the truck. They also packed up the chimney and liner parts and took the load away to their lovely country home  in the Dublin Shore area. Now, if the power goes out in a hurricane, we know for sure where there will be a toasty wood fire burning!

No comments: