November 18, 2009

New Walkway, New Sock


Pattern: Waffle Rib
Designer: Charlene Schurch - Sensational Knitted Socks
Yarn: Cascade Heritage
Color: 5604

If I had to choose to keep only two books in my sock knitting library, one would be Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks and the other would be Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks. They hold all the information and patterns anyone would ever need to endlessly produce socks.
This is my first time using Cascade Heritage sock yarn so it will be interesting to see how it holds up over time. It feels very much like Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock and it gives excellent stitch definition. I have to confess to ordering it by mistake. I had several screens open while putting together an order at the Loopy Ewe prior to Christmas last year and I somehow managed to get into Cascade sock yarn when I intended to only order Cascade worsted for winter hats and mitts. I didn't realize my mistake until the box arrived in the mail but the sock yarn seemed quite nice and has been waiting in the yarn drawer for the right time and the right pattern.

No comments: