February 06, 2011

Cornflower Socks


Pattern: Cornflower Socks
Designer: Karen Scott
Yarn: Opal Uni Solid 4 ply
Color: 29
Needles: Circular, 2.25 mm

In keeping with the resolution to expand my knitting horizons this year, I have started a new sock pattern instead of falling back on one of my old favorites. Every row of the Cornflower pattern requires the use of a cable needle so it is labor intensive but it is fun to see the design slowly emerge.
I have had this Opal yarn for over a year. I spotted it in a yarn store one day, held it up to a side window, admired it for a while, and resolutely put it back in its wire basket. I just didn't need any more sock yarn. The following week, I went back to the store to get it! I find it hard to resist blue-greens and dark cranberry reds. This color is hard to capture with the camera. It is darker and brighter in "real life" and I really enjoy working with it.

No comments: