January 15, 2013

Recovering From Second Sock Syndrome



I never had second sock syndrome until last January when I cast on two perfectly good sock patterns and, after completing a sock in each pattern, turned against them and they have languished at the back of the yarn drawer since then. I went on to knit at least a dozen other pairs of socks with great enthusiasm.

Last week, I resolved to finish at least one of the projects and rolled up my sleeves and knit with great determination.

The socks are from Stephanie van der Linden’s wonderful book Around the World in Knitted Socks and there is absolutely nothing wrong with this pattern. It is beautifully written, graphed, and from a collection of super sock patterns. I think I just wasn’t overly pleased with my own knitting and while practice makes perfect, perversely, I refrained from practicing!


Pattern: Route 66
Designer: Stephanie van der Linden
Yarn: Jawoll Superwash Sock (navy) and Lana Grossa Meilenweit 100 Ultimo (color 2504 – taupe)
Needles: Circular 2.25 mm

No comments: