October 06, 2012

Around The Garden

 
Pattern: Simple K3 P1 ribbing
Yarn: Supersocke 100 Tropic Color by ONline
Colour: 1468
Needles: Circular - 2.25 mm

This is the first time I have used the Supersocke yarn so it will be interesting to see how well it holds up. There are no complaints about it on Ravelry and it comes in such pretty color combinations. It has great stitch definition and is soft to the hand.  I added reinforcing thread (as I do with all socks now) to the heels to help prevent them from developing holes with wear.

 
Designer: Dana Gibbons
Yarn: Sirdar Crofter DK
Colour: 0033
Needles: Circular 3.75 mm and 3.50 mm (for cuffs only)
 
This is a sweet little cardigan pattern that I purchased and downloaded from the Patternfish website. It is knit from the top down with no seaming required. And while I would certainly do the sweater again, I did not enjoy working with the Sirdar Crofter yarn. It is soft to the touch and easy care (an acrylic/cotton/wool blend) but it does not give uniform stitch definition and I think it should be knit to a tighter gauge. It is also a bit splitty so you really have to watch the needles while you work. However, the colors will look great on little Apolline and I hope she gets a few wears out of it.
 
Poignant
 
Nora finds a quiet place to rest by Annie's grave site.
 

No comments: