March 14, 2011

Sweet Details

The Sweet Details Cardigan is 99% complete. Left to be done: sewing on buttons, weaving in ends, and blocking.
This pattern is aptly named and so very well written and presented. This designer makes every part of the project seem like a cakewalk - from picking up the underarm stitches to using Elizabeth Zimmerman's sewn cast off to setting up the buttonhole and bands.
And it deserves to be knit again in a less bulky yarn with a better drape. I had this superwash wool in the yarn drawer and wanted to make good use of it. The resulting sweater would make a great walking sweater. It is highly washable, pretty and practical. But I would love to see it done again  in a slightly lighter weight ivory or soft  robin's egg blue.



Since I only have three of these buttons in my button jar, I will have to wait until my next "trip to town" to finally finish it off.

No comments: