August 29, 2013

A Day At The Cottage and Other Tales

We had a wonderful day at the Dunkleys' cottage this month - great conversation, great food, and great scenery. The cottage gardens are more beautiful each year and really suit the woodland setting.
 
 
This was Nora's first visit to the cottage and she loved it.
 
 
Dave was very patient with her, making her lie down and calm down before he threw the floating  toy for her to retrieve.
 
 
She could play this game endlessly.
 
 
Ah, retrievers...
 
 
Yesterday, I acquired a pair of Addi Turbo Sock Rockets from Have A Yarn in Mahone Bay.
 

I am a great fan of Addi needles and when I first saw a review for the Sock Rockets, I was keen to give them a try.  I cast on a cabled sock pattern this morning and they don't disappoint. They combine the quality of Addi with the sharp tip of Knit Picks products. They feel great in the hand and the stitches glide off the needles.
 
 
 
Ironwood Farm Kale
 

Ironwood Farm Carrots and Chard
 
The Nova Scotia government has announced that it is issuing specialized licence plates to support the Buy Local movement. I think it is a great idea.
 
And, finally, the sweet satisfaction of finishing Lucy Darling's Sweet Peasy sweater! I had it three quarters done when I fractured my wrist so it has been languishing for most of the summer in the yarn drawer.
 
 
Pattern: Sweet Peasy
Yarn: Ultra Pima by Cascade Yarns
Colour: 3748
Needles: Circular - 4.5 mm.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: