July 03, 2007

My Sister Is A Sock Pusher


Rosie Beaucoup Says:
My sister is a sock pusher. I was back at knitting after an absence of 20 years and happily making baby clothes until she sent me a sock pattern for circular needles. "Go on", she said, "try it. You'll like it. The needles don't hurt and it's not addictive - you can quit at any time."
I can't urge the innocents out there enough to run, run, run like the wind when a pusher appears on their horizon.
My monthly expenditure on sock yarn has soared. I'd rather purchase superwash sock wool than buy groceries and eat. I can't stop thinking about heel flaps and gussets. I need a knit fix at least twice a day. I spend most of my computer time browsing websites selling handpainted sock yarn. I even tried selling my firstborn to increase my yarn stash but she's getting a little long in the tooth and I couldn't wait long enough to complete a sale.
Oh, my sister has a lot to answer for.
Note: Socks in photo done in Lucy Neatby's Celestial Merino.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Rosie Beaucoup,

Is it true that one of your daughters is actually a guy?

Signed,
Suddenly Interested

ROSIE BEAUCOUP said...

Who wants to know??

movita said...

No! I AM A GIRL!