July 18, 2010

Little Turtleneck


Pattern: #252 Bernat Six For Toddlers
Yarn: Dream in Color Classy
Color: Absolute Magenta

I had leftover yarn from Big Sister's TINY Tea Leaves Cardi and couldn't resist making Baby Sister a little turtleneck - using the same pattern I knit for her Daddy many, many years ago.
I'm not happy with the underarm area. I decided to knit the body in the round up to the armholes, then divide for the front and back. Sounds like a plan but introducing a small section of seaming after knitting in the round results in a pinched in area just below the underarms. Next time, I will knit the pieces separately and use a mattress stitch to sew them together.
Hopefully, she will wear it to daycare, look sweet, and play with her arms more at her sides than up in the air. And hopefully her French grandmother, an excellent seamstress, will not examine it too closely.

No comments: